Have you ever tried Japanese traditional vegan steamed cakes? They are very delicious! I love the soft fluffy texture of the cake that isn’t too sweet. My kids enjoy them as healthy snacks. There are just a few ingredients and a few simple steps . I’ve been making them for years .
2 cup Cake Flour
2 tbsp Cocoa Powder
2 tsp Baking Powder
1 pinch Salt
1 cup water
1/2 cup Sugar
Raisins for topping
– Combine the cake flour, cocoa powder, baking powder, a pinch of salt and the sugar.
– Add water.
– When the ingredients are almost combined, add the raisins.
– Place a liner in the cake pan and add the batter.
– Bring the water to a boil in the steamer.
– Place the cake pan into the steamer.
– Cover and steam the cake for about 10 minutes.
– Stick the cake. If the stick comes out clean, they are ready.
This book shows you 10 zerowaste shops and restaurants in Kyoto. I share my favorite zerowaste spots with you. Actually, they are not zerowaste shops but they have all been very nice with our zero waste wishes. Have a nice zerowaste trip in Kyoto!
Subscribe to email or LINE updates & get my EASY no blender vegan mayo recipe !